View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 06:28 PM   #287
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Lindir:

Lindir said nothing as his fetters were removed. Staring straight ahead into the mirky shadows, the Elf remained silent when the Smith urged him to teach the others how to work with the plate. Even after his teacher told him to care for Endamir and and to ply the stricken Elf with wine, Lindir stood motionless, seemingly uncaring; not a sound escaped from his lips.

It was only when the Smith left the chamber that the now freed Elf came alive and sprinted over to Lómwë. Grabbing one of the hammers, Lindir knelt down and frantically hacked at the chain. Though lacking the grace or skill of the Smith, the fetters that had bound his friend came undone. Then he replaced the hammer in the same position that he had found it.

"This place is accursed. No one in this room is responsible for what happened here tonight. No one....not Endamir or any other, only that madman." Lindir spoke emphatically, his voice filled with disgust, as he gestured towards the other chamber where the Smith had disappeared. "He has locked us in. Otherwise, I would take the chance and try to escape now. Would that I could run my sword through his heart, I would do so without hesitation. But how does one attack a ghost?"

"Still, Lómwë, we must not lose hope, nor our wits. Drape the chains about your legs as if they were still fastened. But I will move your sword over just a bit that you may reach down to retrieve it if we have the chance to go against him, and I will do the same with mine. Do not let the Smith know you are free. I will begin work on the mail that he has left for us and give no hint of how I feel."

Approaching the table where Endamir still worked, Lindir leaned close and draped his hand over his friend's shoulder whispering, "Work on now Endamir, if you find that comforting. But do not despair. Your brother's heart was filled with good so he will surely speed through Mandos and soon walk on the Blessed Shores. His doom then is easier than ours. I swear your brother shall find honorable burial, for I will not leave his body in the clutches of the Smith. I know part of you can not hear or understand me, but surely there is another part deep insides that knows and trusts what I say."

With that, Lindir drew out the great hammer and began to work diligently on the plates of mail.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 06-14-2006 at 12:12 AM.