View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #47
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
First off, hats off to Volo. (Yes, there were enough "off"'s. ) I think he's making the most sense this far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
I think Day1 "random" votes should rather be directed at quiet players, because otherwise they'll be directed at the quiet players on later Days for paranoia more than clear thoughts.
I think they should be prohibited by a law. I'm not sure if it's very reasonable, but I always suspect random-voters. *eyes fellow players suspiciously*

Fea is succeeding in making me laugh. On other things, I'm not sure. While she does have a point about Day1s and is straightforwardly acting on it, I must say I disagree with her style. I can't really call her attitude suspicious (even though I could call it pessimistic fatalism). Yes, Day1s are most useful afterwards, so please don't disinclude from the people whose posts can be analysed later by saying only bantery stuff on Day1. I don't, however, mean that you, Fea, are doing it, since your last post was definitely substantial, if not helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG
If Valier is a wolf, that would be a perfect guise. If, as a wolf, she finds nothing too "suspicious" about anyone, she can just rely on voting for a quiet person.
Otherwise I don't find Valier exceptionally wolf-ish. Besides, I have the impression that she is an experienced player. If so, she would probably not post a phrase like that as a wolf.
I don't find anything particularly suspicious with that. I do it quite often regardless of my role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG
So true, so true. We'd need a wolf to practically slip what he is to get any proper accusations toDay.
Now this makes me a bit worried. I don't know what should I think of A Little Green. She's very quick to agree, especially if someone says something is useless and keeps herself calling things pointless. Surely an innocent person would be a bit more... well, eager to take the challenge and find the wolves and wouldn't mind dicussing. She seems somewhat too distant and fatalistic for me to be comfortable about her...

Now, I know I said there's nothing partuicularly suspicious in Fea's attitude but that Little Green (how should be your name be shortened, by the way? ALG sounds somewhat silly...) seems suspicious to me. The differences are that Fea was the first one to start that useless-stuff and ALG just followed and while Fea's attitude suits her as a person and seems completely characteristic, ALG's attitude seems a little feigned and forced.

Anyway, as ALG is a newbie, I'm not too sure my points are valid. Everybody knows newbies agree with and are affected by charismatic and intelligent more experienced players. Her newbieness might also be a clue why some of her points seem a bit odd to me - after all, she does not know this game as well as I do. (By which I don't mean that my points would be any more valid in general or I'd be any smarter, just that I have - or I should have - more idea about how the game usually goes.)

edit: xed with a few posts
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote