View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:52 AM   #48
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Wonderful to see there's been this much discussion and not only Day 1 banter.

I can understand why especially those for whom the previous game was their first want to lynch quiet ones, but it always makes my alarm ring when a relatively vocal player says that there probably are wolves hiding among the quiet. If the roles were given randomly, I think that's not a valid argument.

We had a discussion about lynching the quiet ones with Lommy some weeks ago, and I agree with her about it being possible to catch a quiet wolf by seeing how other wolves (and everybody else) treat them. With four wolves in the village, I dare say it's not that difficult to get one by pure luck.

But everyone has their own style to play, and it's unfair to always lynch the quiet ones "just to make it sure". And really, what does it matter whether one loses to a quiet or a vocal player? It's so easy to say "I lost because the one who won played unfairly, ie. was so silent I didn't realise he was a wolf". Maybe one should pay extra attention to the quiet ones if he thinks it would be more embarrassing to lose to one.
Sorry if I sound aggressive, I certainly don't mean to. I just think one shouldn't blame the wolf and his way of playing if one doesn't manage to catch him.

I haven't had time to form opinions about everybody, but here are some thoughts.

Volo: There was very little to go on in his first posts, but the last one (#39) strikes me as quite genuine.

Brinniel: I found her first post somehow empty. The second post makes me feel much better though.

Nerwen: A good and reasonable player, even with only one game behind her. I think Rikae had a good point about her saying little, but then again, it's just Day 1. The thing that makes me a little uncertain is how she started behaving after Rikae pointed out something slightly suspicious in her posts. It looks like she tries to get Rikae use her energy in defending & explaining herself, rather than going on suspecting Nerwen. See post #31.

Rikae: I definitely agree with her that even Day 1 can be spent usefully, and mostly agree about everything else she said. She's been quite sensible, and at the moment I don't feel like lynching her.

A Little Greenie: Even though she's a newbie, don't underestimate her. I've played mafia with her several times, and every time she's guilty she fools me completely. I'm definitely going to watch you extra-carefully this time.

Lommy: I guess I'm able (at least I should be, given how long we've known each other) to read her quite well, and this far there's been nothing that should make me feel she's a wolf.

Legate and Menel both look quite genuine.

I somewhat disagree with Feanor on what she said about Day 1. The wolves always have something to hide: that they've received a pm that says they're wolves. They know they're guilty even before they've actually killed anyone, and that can sometimes be seen in their behaviour.

I have not yet a clear opinion about the others.

edit: xed since Greenie