View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 05:10 PM   #44
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Shield

Quote:
I don't have any obsessed LOtr friends, but I have a few who have more than just a passing interest in them.
Same here, but they totally despise the books, calling them boring and bragging that they were so bad that they fell asleep in chapter one. I don't tell them I'm obsessed, but I often talk about it, mainly the movies since they've only seen those and enjoyed them. Only one of my best buddies is obsessed (along with her cousin), but I only get to see them about once a month. But I never pester my friends about LOTR, as it seems that you may be doing, Rindoein. I advise just keeping quiet about it, and eventually they should forget aout your obsession. Oh, and I also advise you don't insult their favorite books without expecting them to lash back in return.
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote