View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Cirdan
Animated Skeleton

Cirdan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Interesting thing indeed. At least good that it does not seem to be a collectible card game, since I don't have to fear being drawn into something again.
Well, not exactly. They are planning monthly, 60-card expansions - supplemental adventure/quest packs at $15.95 each. [You can add that to your monthly utility bills.] The first one is about Mirkwood and the Hunt for Gollum. At least there is no need to buy lots of booster packs of random cards in order to get what you need -all sets are fixed.

Quote:
(I have also been a part of the I.C.E. METW followers and I agree that the fact that they did not get to continue it is one of the greatest losses of the previous century! That was one of the most wonderful games ever seen, and the only card game this far worthy of the title of being a follower of Tolkien's legacy.)
I loved the game too -especially when Ted Nasmith and John Howe started illustrating for it, but I think the creators were a little too interested in their "Kuduk Lore" and MERP world than with Tolkien's works. While there were Palantiri of Annuminas and Osgiliath items, they didn't offer those sites, and instead we got "The Wind Throne" and "Sarn Goriwing". Also a grave disservice was done to certain characters; Halbarad and Mablung are Dunedain Rangers, but these ICE characters were weaker than hobbits, Bergil or Ioreth and lacked Ranger skill! And they left off big chunks of the map -no Umbar, Rhun, Harad, Forodwaith nor Tol Fuin. Accordance with Tolkien's writing should be priority #1 and I hope Fantasy Flight will give us that.
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote