Thread: melkor
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 09:11 AM   #3
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wight
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Bauglir

He never led any attacks after the 2 trees.
I think Fingolfin wounding him 7! times [not to mention and eagle beaking him in the face], and even more so Melian's daughter [!!] putting him to sleep in his own throne room , [there you go Raw] taught him that his enemies were serious and bold and usually could not be cowed in fear.

It would have been interesting to see Feanor go toe to toe w/ him.
I think he would have done more damage but been tricked by Bauglir in the end and still squashed [and w/out an eagle to salvage his remains, due to his direct rebellion and insolence to Manwe].

The Girdle , reminds me how much Galadriel was really the Melian of the 3rd age . She was probably formed in wisdom more by her than anyone else [and they both had{sometimes} racist husbands to contend with]!
She must have learned the girdle trick straight from Melian [which shows high in her cofidence Galadriel was].

lindil

"What then was this hope , if you know ?" Finrod asked "They say" answered Andreth :" they say that the One will himself enter into Arda , and heal Men and all the Marring from the begining to the end." Lindil is often found on posting on the 'New Revised Standard' Silmarillion at the Barrowdowns discussion board. </p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000076>lindil</A> at: 1/12/01 10:17:27 am
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote