Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 11:29 AM   #4036
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
PIPPIN: An apple? Indeed, it has what he sounds like – several times over!
ARAGORN: Royal Artillery in Burma’s capital? Not on. In confusion, see him.
DENETHOR'S ELDEST SON: Take the third of this firstborn, but refer to his father, and ask only three of the winds.
THARKUN: Listen inside the cask for him.
HOLDWINE: He could be a descriptive kenning for a vat.
ARCHER: If not strictly his profession, he is famed for being one.
ELF-FRIEND: An honorific bestowed on him early in the saga.
LOCKBEARER: Shagrat decides to do this, in a tower. However, it describes not Shagrat’s prisoner, but one with a much lighter burden.

THEME: The nine members of the Fellowship (again!)

All perfectly correct!

'Panthael' does not translate Samwise, but means full-wise, which Aragorn says in his letter would be a fairer name for him.

Kudos should go to Huinesoron, as I would not have thought of doing a 'Fellowship' password on my own. That was why I removed the original password I posted (which no-one had started). I tried for ages to get three different ones to work. With Peregrin and Holdwine as the password, I managed all but two clues and would have had to use other letters and/or run things backwards. With Panthael I had to cheat as well, on one, plus use a couple of 'vague' answers, so I gave up. Then I looked at the Panthael one again in the morning and thought it wasn't too bad.

Well done Nerwen and Huey, and over to Nerwen!

Last edited by Pervinca Took; 07-28-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Pervinca Took is offline   Reply With Quote