View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #408
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Night of Dec 22: Mellonin

Mellonin stepped forward. "Greetings. You are a friend of Ravion? Judging by how well you know his horse, you must know him well indeed. He has departed for Minas Tirith, or so I believe."

Mellonin studied the ranger, and thought it odd that he also studied her. Indeed, as she wondered what he could tell her about Ravion, he slowly approached her, staring.

"He left his horse with you, and returned to the city? On what errand?"

Mellonin shrugged, and her voice cracked slightly. "None that I know of, except perhaps seeking solitude. If he find it he will do well."

"Solitude."

"I fear we were too annoying for him," she said, and then stopped. Why am I prattling? What if he is Ravion's friend? All the more reason to send him on. She bit her lip, and then wished she hadn't.

"When you find him, give him our regards." Idiot. Why would he want your regards? Why would he care that you even thought to send a message? "Tell him we will return Gond to him as soon as we may, and that he need not concern himself with... with our... with us." Fool, fool, fool. Stop prattling!

Raefindan interrupted. "Unless he wants to concern himself with us."

Mellonin shot him a look full of daggers. Aeron was smirking, Gwyllion was studying the new ranger with the same awe she had felt for Ravion, and Raefindan was thinking hard. She glared at him again.

Gond stamped, and nickered at the Ranger.

Last edited by mark12_30; 08-23-2004 at 11:08 AM.