View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 02:05 AM   #2574
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
"Don't you think your father would wish to know you're alive? He's lost so much already, knowing you were alive might help him. And . . . you do know that you're not to blame, don't you?"

A sad smile crossed Tilionwen's lips as she heard the hobbit's words. Now that she had somehow regained her sanity, all memories of her father came rushing back to her mind...and she felt how terribly he missed him. If only coming back to him was that easy...

"Before now, I've always blamed myself for what happened. I thought I should have stayed awake. I should have been the one protecting her, instead of the other way around. Perhaps that's why it was so easy for the moon to enslave me. But things have changed. I don't know how, but I'm sure they have." The wind blew around a strand of her long dark hair, and she tucked it behind her ear. "I'm just...I'm just scared. I don't know how my father will receive me. He could blame me for everything, and it would kill me if he ever refuses to forgive me.

"But I guess it's a risk I will have to take. He deserves to know what happened. And he deserves to know, no matter how it would hurt him, that my sister is already dead. That I'm the only one he has left." And once again, she smiled gratefully at the hobbit. No words could have done the job better.

Suddenly Tilionwen laughed, and a touch of red flushed on her cheeks. "Why, I seem to be forgetting my manners! I have never asked your name. And while you're at it, I guess it's your turn to tell me your tales. Anything to cheer me up; I never want to go back to that miserable life again." With that she grinned mirthfully, and eagerly turned towards the hobbit. The cares that had marred her face for so long vanished and a youthful glow remained in their place.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 02-19-2006 at 05:21 AM.