Old 10-04-2002, 08:43 PM   #28
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Sam:

Stacey: Samwise, calm DOWN....

Sam: I CAN'T! Everybody's bein' so sweet!

Stacey: Oi... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] *Whispers to Frodo* uh, sir, there's a bit of a rescue that needs tending to, don't know if you got my other messages, but a certain fave Hobbit of ours is having a ROUGH time of it...

As for my personal two cents: I've been in love with my dear Samwise since I was 12. When I first laid eyes on Mr. Astin at Bilbo's party and I knew he was moping over Rosie, I knew he'd do my Sam proud! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Gosh...favorite Sam quote: Where do I begin!?!?
  • Mr. Frodo, sir!" cried Sam, quaking. "Don't let him hurt me, sir! Don't let him turn me into anything unnatural! My old dad would take on so. I meant no harm, on my honour, sir! "
  • "Well, sir, said Sam, dithering a little. "I heard a great deal that I didn't rightly understand, about an enemy, and rings, and Mr. Bilbo, sir, and dragons, and a fiery mountain, and - and Elves, sir. I listened because I couldn't help myself, if you know what I mean. Lor bless me, sir, but I do love tales of that sort. And I believe them, too, whatever Ted may say. Elves, sir! I would dearly love to see them. Couldn't you take me to see Elves, sir, when you go? "
  • "Me, sir!" cried Sam, springing up like a dog invited for a walk. "Me go and see Elves and all! Hooray! "he shouted, and then burst into tears.
  • "You'd better be hidden, Mr. Frodo," said Sam. "You get down in the waggon and cover up with blankets, and we'll send this rider to the rightabouts!" (I just adore the way Sam talks).
  • "But you can't leave poor old Bill behind in this forsaken place, Mr. Gandalf!" cried Sam, angry and distressed. "I won't have it, and that's flat. After he has come so far and all! " [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
    "He'd follow Mr. Frodo into a dragon's den, if I led him." protested Sam.
    Sam stood sullenly by the pony and returned no answer. Bill, seeming to understand well what was going on, nuzzled up to him, putting his nose to Sam's ear. Sam burst into tears, and fumbled with the straps, unloading all the pony's packs and throwing them on the ground.
    At that moment from far off the wind bore to their ears the howling of wolves. Bill the pony started in fear, and Sam sprang to his side and whispered softly to him.
    Sam, clinging to Frodo's arm, collapsed on a step in the black darkness. "Poor old Bill!" he said in a choking voice, "Poor old Bill! Wolves and snakes! But the snakes were too much for him. I had to choose, Mr. Frodo. I had to come with you."(that whole thing with Bill broke my heart...)
  • Sam plainly was beginning to have doubts again about Strider; but while they were talking he returned, appearing suddenly out of the shadows. They started, and Sam drew his sword and stood over Frodo. (ever the dear faithful Sam....
    "But you won't send him off alone, surely, Master?" cried Sam, unable to contain himself any longer, and jumping up from the corner where he had been quietly sitting on the floor.
    "No, indeed!" said Elrond, turning towards him with a smile. "You at least shall go with him. It hardly possible to separate you from him. " (I like the way they did this part in the movie, too: "Mister Frodo's not goin' anywhere without me!")

• "If you don't come back, sir, then I shan't, that's certain." said Sam. "'Don't you leave him!' they said to me. 'Leave him!' I said. 'I never mean to. I am going with him, if he climbs to the moon, and if any of those Black Riders try to stop him, they'll have Sam Gamgee to reckon with.' I said. "
  • "Elves! " exclaimed Sam. "Elves, sir!" He would have burst out of the trees and dashed off, if they had not pulled him back.
    "What about the elves?" said Sam, too excited. "Can't we go and see them? "(he is toooo adorable...)
  • (Movie Stuff)
    Aragorn: "Sam, do you know what athleas is?"
    Sam:"Athleas?"
    Aragorn: "Kingsfoil."
    Sam: "Kingsfoil, that's a weed! "
    (Yeah, I know, that particular instance didn't happen that way in the book. Nevertheless, I thought it was kinda cute/funny that Aragorn asked Sam of all people, and of course, Sam's response....)
  • Movie Moment
    *Frodo and Sam walking across a feild*
    *Sam stops* "This is it. "
    *Frodo turns* "What's it? "
    *Sam* "If I take another step, I'll be the farthest from home that I've ever been."
  • Or the part where they're in the cornfield and Sam realizes he's alone and gets all panicky like a little kid who's lost his mother in the department store:
    "Mister Frodo???" [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
  • LOTR (Movie) Moment (IV) (Moria)

Orcs are everywhere

Samwise whacks one with a pot

gets..."the hang of this!" (heehee--love that part....)

Erg....I'm going to get in trouble for making an over-long post. You guys get the idea, right? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote