View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #24
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
On the same topic, my own disgruntlement leads me to assign those people to Mordor who assume that to live a life with no romantic interests must be the greatest of hardships and they "really don't see how you'll be able to do it". (No, not talking about you, Cailin, just people I know in 'real life'...)
Not talking about me, eh? Well, sir, you have just brutally assigned me to the most foul and evil place that ever existed. Though I am not one of those people who need to be romantically involved to survive (on the contrary), that giddy feeling of being in love, or rather having a crush, works like a drug for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Learn to flip the switch. It's an invaluable asset.
Ay, it is the sensible thing, but I never liked being a sensible person. Don’t worry though, I am quite familiar with this switch thing you speak of and whenever necessary, I shall use it. Fortunately, this is not very often.

--

To stay on topic, even though this has already been a busy irritation day for me: I should like to assign crossovers in fanfiction to Mordor. I wasn’t really aware of them before this day, seeing that I don’t spend a whole lot of time in fandoms, but I accidentally came across one today and was instantly horrified. I’m talking about a Harry Potter – Lord of the Rings crossover here, and by all accounts, these are not as rare as they should be. Authors of such an abomination must have a warped mind indeed. I shall not go into details about what I’ve read, but the Wormtail – Wormtongue jokes were among the better ones.

After reading the story, I could not help my mind thinking of other frightful possibilities for crossovers… We might have an Alice in Wonderland version (in which Aragorn and his army of the dead unexpectedly tumble down a rabbit’s hole) or a Little Mermaid one (where the fellowship suddenly finds themselves accompanied by a red haired girl with a pretty voice, swimming up and down the Anduin) or a Lord of the Rings – Pokemon crossover (better not imagine the possible horrors that might entail).

Anyway, this sacrilegious act should be abolished and never seen on the Internet again, before someone writes the extremely obvious Phantom of the Opera – Lord of the Rings songfic featuring Frodo and the Ring.

Actually, it might be better to assign all forms of fanfiction to Mordor. But I am quite sure not everybody here would appreciate that so much.

Quote:
ha ha. i don't think you ever get to the point where you can say pianist with absolute stone-facedness.
Why do I really not get this?
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote