View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #543
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Firefoot, perhaps what needs to happen is for you to take the raw material of the post I provided above, and write it from Scyld's point of view, including his escape in the nick of time.

Jenny and I had discussed possibilities for Linduial, and what we had worked out was that Linduial was going to come back to Rohan as an ambassador of Dol Amroth and its surrounding territories over which it rules. This would put her in an interesting position vis a vi Eodwine and other Eorls, as well as vis a vi the King and Queen of Rohan. I'm not sure what Tolkien had in place in terms of ambassadorial immunities and whatnot. They would probably not be the kind we have in RL; however, her status as princess and ambassador would give Linduial a unique position in Eorling society and politics.

If you use my raw material, changing it to fit what works best for Scyld's story, maybe you can work in the skeleton of what kind of relationshp Scyld might have with such an ambassador?