View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 09:28 AM   #11
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
On we go with my comments:
CE-EX-58.3: Here I added the linguistic Information about the Name Avari.
CE-EX-58.4: Since we moved the texts we have to Change the reference.
CE-EX-58.5: Again here, but 'it will been said' seems not okay for me.
CE-EX-59: As this contains a lot of Information about the debate among the Quendi I find it improtant to include it.
CE-EX-60: This should probably have been a -SL- number, but the fact is the sun is not around in our version of this time.
CE-EX-60.3: The Calben/Morben info fits (if at all) in this place.
CE-EX-60.4: The reference is to paragraph we did not take up fully, so it has to go.
CE-EX-60.5: Both Information (about Eöl and Saeros insult) must be considered for inserting in the proper place in the narative.
CE-EX-61: The Long Addition from Q&E does bring in the Information about relative numbers of the sundering of the Elves.
CE-EX-62, -64 and -65: Here are inserted the lingustical information about the respective clan names.
CE-EX-63: A Change in the Basic text made by JRR Tolkien.
CE-EX-66, -67 and -68: The use and Definition of 'Umanyar' is much broder given in Q&E.
CE-EX-69: The journey of the Eldar is best described in AAm.
CE-SL-21: Do we hold that chronology? I found it safer to remove the years.
CE-EX-70: Namo is no longer valid as shown in Q&E below.
CE-EX-71: Linguistics about the Nandor, denying the validity of Namo.
CE-EX-72: Do we Change the chronology? If yes, These might stand. Safest way would probably be to remove both 'not' and 'long'.
CE-EX-73: Again we take up AAm because it gives the fuller account.
CE-SL-22: Again a question if we want to fix the chronolgy or not.
CE-EX-74: I couldn't resist this nice and melacholic part from LT maken clear how horiable that journey must have been.
CE-EX-75 and -76: Linguistics about the Sindar.
CE-EX-77: Since Dân no longer seems to be the right name, his people should be named after him.

A view Point in addition:
- I have marked that I missed some of Tolkiens notes especialy in thses last paragraphs. I will later work on that point.
- I am currently think about an addition here from Q&E about the Falathrim and probably including the Essay Círdan.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote