View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 06:57 PM   #239
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Daisy burst into tears after Bird had gone. Pio handed her another handkerchief and waited for her to get hold of herself. When the sobbing had turned to just a few sniffles, she redirected her gently to begin stowing her gear in the cabin.

Pio helped her find places for her meager possessions and make up the small bed across the room from the elf. While they were busy with these few little chores, Pio said to her, 'Those words of Bird's were quite unkind.'

Daisy nodded 'yes', while she slipped the fresh pillow case on the pillow Pio had give her.

'But not unlike in tone to the words you used with Kali, were they?' She picked up her mapcase and the rucksack, to return it to Child's room.

Daisy said nothing further.

'Can you tell me what the difference is between your words and Bird's, Daisy?', she asked as they both went down the hall to Child's room and left the rucksack there.

'I can't think of anything, ma'am.' came the hobbit's small voice, as they headed down the hall toward the stairs.

'No action of Kali's provoked your anger, Daisy. It came up out of yourself, unrecognized. And that is very dangerous to yourself and others.'

'Where did Bird's come from then, ma'am?'

'Your action provoked it, and it came from her sense of protectiveness for both Kali and for the rest of the companions who are on this quest.'

'So she was right and I was wrong, ma'am', asked Daisy.

'No, neither of you were right. But it will be your duty to figure out your part in it. Tomorrow you will see Child and talk to her of your conclusions, and she will tell me of your progress. But now we must talk maps with Mithadan.'

She motioned for Daisy to hurry after her, as they both climbed the stairs to the deck.

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]