View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 03:44 PM   #67
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry about this - but I am reading the two posts for the Rangers who are heading to Bree/The Prancing Pony:

Thoronmir (Meneltarmacil) has already stated in his post that he hears a noise, and calls his companion's attention to it.

Dragon Elf

Can you revise your post so that your character Menecar responds to Ranger Thoronmir's observation that: "We're not alone . . ."

-----------------------

Or have I completely misunderstood, and the both of you are traveling by yourselves with another Ranger companion accompanying you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could revise in this manner -

Dragon Elf odin Ragnorock's post

After a semi peaceful night Menecar woke up to the sound of birds chirping and a great day for traveling with his companion. It was a peaceful day has begun with the sun shining through the trees. They had a half a days travel by horse to Bree left to go.

“Do you think that there will be people waiting for us to arrive at the Prancing Pony?” asked Menecar’s companion.

“I think there would be. I don’t think that King Elessar would let two Rangers do this alone,” said Menecar.

Suddenly Menecar heard the sound of leaves moving in the woods. He stopped to listen, and to see if he heard the sound again. Sure enough there it was again, but it sounded louder as if the thing or things were getting closer. He looks over at his companion to see if he heard the same sound. He does indeed look as if he has. Menecar rode over to him and says, “Did you hear the sound of leaves?”

“Yes, indeed.”

“The sound,” whispers Menecar “is drawing closer.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One last question for both Dragon Elf and Meneltarmacil:

What is the source for your sound? Is it something that will delay your arrival at the Inn?