View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 09:54 AM   #78
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Shield

The below post comes after Alaksoron's and before those of the two Elves - rutslegolas and Esgallhugwen. Alaksoron, if you have any comments/problems with how I've handled your character, just let me know.

Quote:
Tarondo did not answer at once, evaluating what he saw. The man was carrying a bow, and a sword hung at his side. Both weapons showed much use. Osric’s voice was low but clear, and his eyes gazed back steadily at the Elf, with just a hint of challenge. He had made his offer and would not beg.

“The services of the Rohirrim will always be valued by the King,” Tarondo said at length. “Come, I will introduce you to my companions, and you shall tell us about yourself.”

They joined Veryadan and Luinien, who were surprised to see Tarondo with a companion but pleased to learn of his volunteering. After a brief council Osric Falkur’s assistance was accepted. After Osric gathered what he needed, the four rode on together.

All through the long, lonely lands past the Gap of Rohan Osric demonstrated himself to be a brave and skillful soldier. The details of their errand intrigued him, and he spent many hours discussing all the possibilities of what they would find, and how they would need to respond to all of them. Tarondo listened with interest (and maybe a hidden smile) but rarely participated, while Luinien was as eager to theorize as the man himself. She had not entirely given up hope of seeing a dragon.

In due course they crossed the Greyflood at Tharbad, where they intended to stay the night at The Trade Inn. This would be their first good chance of hearing recent news. As they dismounted and walked up the path to the inn, Veryadan was not without hope that some of the Rangers would be waiting for them.
Oh, Alaksoron, I noticed one tiny thing as I was writing this post. In your revised profile you say that Osric has black hair. Tolkien indicated that the Rohirrim, as a people, are fair-haired. I hate to ask it again, but you've been so willing in the past - would you please change that? If you really want him to have dark hair, we might be able to work it; but I can't see that he'd still be a full-blooded man of Rohan. Thank you so much!

Carry on,

Nuranar