View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 05:06 PM   #113
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Sting

Okay, my character ideas originated from the movies because, sadly I was hooked on the movies first, but now I'm a well learned Tolkien fan(very learned indeed)
Movie characters don't make sense unless theirs some biography behind them, the character I'd like to make refference to is Frodo. So weak and pathetic, but good and peachy. Hmmm, what I mean to say is that from the movie perspective I thought Frodo was kind of a massiah who had magical powers to repel evil, kind of like some warrior only trapped in a little person's body, also, everyone treated him really special not just cause of the ring, but like he wasn't a silly hobbit but one of the wise, that's just what I got.
From the books I got that he was a normal hobbit but rich and smarter, slightly. He also was a weak child that everyone had to take care of. Movies tend to portray their characters as super humans, who have less emotions of fear and such, in the ROTK I've heard that they are going to torture Frodo(not literally) in mind and body, which is better than there feeble attempts so far, I can't wait to see his character really grow.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote