View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #732
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
“Settled?” Bellyn tried to keep her voice down. She stood from her seat and clenched her fists. She did not look like much of a lady worth protecting, letting a fit of anger take over her usually understanding disposition. “No, it is not settled! Liornung saw no harm in letting me go with him, nor did we hesitate to bring Leafa away from the wayfarers! If it is not proper…well…Erebemlin and Taitheneb are old enough to be guardians to ten or more girls our age! Not that they would want to…”

“Bella…” Liornung put his hand on Bellyn’s shoulder. Leafa sent a caring gaze Bellyn’s way. “No one wants to leave you and Leafa behind. But it is not right to take you both into danger.”

“What if we followed you?” Bellyn murmured, feeling defeated and tired of arguing. She knew that Liornung and Ædegard were right.

“We will come back,” said Ædegard, looking at Leafa with a reassuring glance while Bellyn sat down once more.

“I suppose Leafa could stay with me,” Bellyn folded her arms resignedly across her stomach. She slouched in the chair. “I am staying with my sister. We can wait, but for how long? We do not know how long you will be off, searching, following Amroth.”

Last edited by Aylwen Dreamsong; 07-25-2006 at 07:54 PM.