View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #49
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"Now I ain't finished! Here me out, my pea. Like I was saying, we won't let you go adventuring on your own, so we're comin' with to make sure you don't trip into a troll's den or somethin', and there's nothin' you can say to keep us from joining you. Besides, I want to see the look on your faces when there's no entwives from here to the quarry to the farthing stone nor anywheres else you think such a creature might hide. An' what's more, it has to be seen walkin'. You won't get me believin' a tree's an ent just because it has limbs in the right places.

"Now you and Mira come sit down and cool off and have first breakfast."

Surprise and happiness surged up in Mira. Going? Both of them? And letting her go too!

For the moment happiness won, and she ran of to Gaffer Hugo and threw her arms round his neck and gave him a kiss on the check.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" she cried barely taking a breath. She then ran over to Rudy and tried to do the same, but wasn't too surprised when he refused to let her. So she beamed at Peony, and then went over to the table to take her Gaffers advice.