View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 02:32 AM   #33
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
He took Erfâzh by the arm, grabbed him and made him follow. Finally, they aren't looking, Frôzhal thought to his pleasure. Sooner than expected the Haradrim army had approached one of the two towers. By this, Frôzhal had felt quite helpless and desperate to get out of this situation as soon as possible. However, he couldn't help the feeling of being watched by his superior and his colleague. A thought passed him by; maybe Jinan just admired him and wanted to be like him. In order to be able to imitate him, Jinan surely had to look at his colleague and see what he did that was so unique.

Erfâzh snorted. "Sir., you realise that you are keeping me from my duties," he said nervously, but still quite firmly. Frôzhal frowned, looking anxiously around, wondering whether Jinan was watching him now. He shuddered, thinking of this; as it wasn't really a comfortable feeling. Frôzhal took no notice of the man for while, as he was starting to feel quite unsure about this. However, there was no other way. He glanced one more time at his right before, lowering his voice and turning his attention to Erfâzh.

"Listen!" he started, surprising himself by the sudden courage he felt towards what he was about to say.

"When we attack, for real, you will lead the platoon!" Desperately fighting for air to continue, he was interrupted by the man's reply. "Do you hear me?!" Frôzhal asked, ignoring him. There was a pause.

"But, where are you going??!!" Erfâzh backed away, breathing heavily. He looked at Frôzhal with a disappointed look, immediately turning on his heals to go. Frôzhal, who had been standing; looking into the thin air, noticed the man's reaction and hurried over to grab him by the arm again. He dried the sweat away from below his eyes, stared at Erfâzh and raised his voice several notches when speaking.

"You will obey my orders, or you will await the same destiny as those Gondorians," he said, not quite realising himself that he was threatening a Haradrim. "I, however, will do my job by watching..." he said, thinking that he had finished. The man looked sceptically had him, as if he expected something more. Frôzhal shrugged. Hadn't he just threatened him? He thought, furiously. Shouldn't he at least frown or get a little bit scared? He straightened up and continued, stammering:" Watching... watching you... the others... and.. everyone else.. It's called tactics and strategy.. my lad." The last bit was basically just to annoy him and make him a bit more insecure. After all, Frôzhal was his superior.

Erfâzh left, hurrying over to some of the others. He looked over his shoulder, seeing Frôzhal running his fingers up and down the blade of his knife. He gritted teeth, but pretended as nothing. Hopefully, Frôzhal had managed to scare Erfâzh enough so that he wouldn't go telling everybody about this awkward explanation from Frôzhal. The Swerting sighed. He should despite all of it, be very pleased. Being in command of a platoon during an attack, he thought. He heard the Horn. He was all set for his task.

Last edited by Novnarwen; 03-11-2004 at 10:43 AM.