View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #11
William Cloud Hicklin
Loremaster of Annúminas

William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
That is a very interesting snippet.

I've followed Bioware for a very long time and the quality of their products has taken a steady nosedive to the point of ruin over the past decade.
While Bioware certainly laid a massive turd with Dragon Age II, and ruined Mass Effect 3 with an appallingly bad ending, they earned a great deal of redemption with Dragon Age: Inquisition, which (IMHO) is what Skyrim wants to be when it grows up. Certainly Mass Effect 2 was one of the great games of the sixth generation.*

Personally I don't think an evolution away from the D&D-based Baldur's Gate was a bad thing.

================

*Yes, ME1 was kind of a slog, despite its incredible world-building and memorable characters, rather clunky in some of its old-school aspects like the cumbersome BG/KotOR-derived inventory system. And the damn Mako. Fortunately all that was massively** improved in the sequel

**No pun intended

Last edited by William Cloud Hicklin; 12-01-2016 at 11:23 AM.
William Cloud Hicklin is offline   Reply With Quote