View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #38
Renzolicious
Newly Deceased

Renzolicious has just left Hobbiton.
I resisted seeing the movies for a long time because I knew they would not fit my own imagination and I was already happy with the 1981 BBC radio dramatisation which I regard very highly. I'm actually about to watch the entire extended movies tomorrow, but this time I will think of it as a highschool play rather than anything serious.
First up I am a child of the 80s so that might explain a few of my influences.
For me Willow will always be what Frodo looks like (but sounds like Ian Holm), the hobbits and what I imagine the shire to be like in general are influenced heavily by that movie also. Gandalf IS the Gandalf from the Bakshi cartoon (especially the beginning the part I remember best). I like Pitchwife's idea of Helmutt Lange for Aragorn. I also agree that Boromir and Faramir should have darker hair, and I always had Boromir with a black almost frankish moustache possibly like Sturm from the Dragonlance books (http://images.wikia.com/annex/images...rmAndFlint.jpg). Also agree that Gimli minus the stupid comedy relief was pretty much right. Keith Urban as Eomer is the only actor that I think looks like the character I had in mind.

I'm more interested in the Hobbit movie because its a simpler story and its not one of my favourite books. I wonder if they would butcher Children of Hurin if or when they decide to make it.
Renzolicious is offline   Reply With Quote