View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #60
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Okay, I'm going to go on record here as being the dissenting voice as far as no-lynches go; I've never been a fan, to be honest. Lynching is the only tool we have, mechanically, to win the game; it's always seemed counter-intuitive to me to intentionally disarm ourselves in such a way.

This game is fairly different than a normal werewolf game, though, theoretically, and I haven't dissected the numbers as much as some others have, so if it's the will of the majority that we decide not to lynch today, I'll go with it. I suppose it's a bit late in the day anyway, considering no one's suspected anyone else.

But I don't like it.
I'm not arguing to like it. I don't particularly like it myself. You are correct that ultimately it is our only tool to secure victory.

What I am arguing is that because DAY ONE lynches usually (not always, obviously) are not positive for the village that we take a deliberate step to slow down the pace of the killing.

I would not be arguing this line if we did not have a DAY FIVE/SIX target that has a scenario for a Ward win. Given how little information we will have through the course of the game, I think we need to keep as many options for victory open as possible.

Having this definite end date changes the dynamics of this game, in my estimation.