View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 01:00 PM   #83
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Aman

Aman watched Snaveling for a long moment after he said this, noting the way he looked away. "I am bound by...a very important promise to one whom I dare not betray again – even if I had the heart to do anything against her."

Roa.

Aman would have had to be blind and far from the astute, sharp-eyed watcher that she was to not have noticed the way he looked at her. But then, she wondered how close he had looked at her - her expressions, the way she watched him for a little longer....either she had noticed or there was something going on from that side as well.

Blowing out her cheeks in a sigh, the Innkeeper leant back into her chair, regarding the man carefully under her eyelids as he turned to look back at her. One arm was draped across the arm of the chair, the wrist following the chair as it curved down, the other rested at the elbow, the forefinger curling under his bottom lip. As he straightened up, he looked properly back at the Innkeeper, his back straight against the chair, his arm falling into the same position as the other one as his dark eyes met hers, his chin held up proudly, although he probably didn't know it. He was, in a single word, even without any knowledge of his history...regal.

Leaning forward, she unwittingly copied his previous posture, her hands draped across her knees. "I must as you, Snaveling," she asked softly. "And do not be angry with me but...do you have any intention of making a claim for the throne? And if not...well, why should the King ever know?"