View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 08:21 PM   #93
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
"Lily! Willow! Good morning to you both!" Lily grinned at the familiar voice. Willow waved her over and spoke Lily's exact thoughts before she had time to speak: "Good afternoon is more like it, Mirabell Baggins!" Lily never could understand how other people could sleep so late. She was an early riser by nature, and almost always rose shortly after the sun even after a late night. And to think Daisy is still asleep! It's almost noon already, Lily thought with a glance outside. She frowned briefly noting the clouds on the horizon. It was such a beautiful morning, too. Out loud, she commented, "Well, that's three of us hobbit girls. Wonder where Daisy went."

"Yeah. I do wonder. It's nice to be with friends. So where were we?" Willow asked. Friends, thought Lily. Yes, friends. It seemed strange that she could spend less than a day with people and consider them friends, yet that was how she felt about the three hobbits she had spent last night with. She was feeling much more open with them than she had felt last night. She wasn't quite sure about Ferran yet, but Lily had an open mind.

"Hobbies," answered Lily after a moment. "And as to your question concerning writing, I prefer to read. In Bree, I would often spend hours with a good book from my uncle's library. He has several books, but never enough. My reading is one of the things that caused me to decide to explore, so I figured I had better start with the Shire." She ended with a soft sigh of happiness remembering the many wonderful stories adorning the shelves of her uncle's library. Her favorites had always been the ones about far lands and old heroes and valiant deeds, but those were the hardest to come by. Maybe she would find more if she decided to travel farther than the Shire. She hoped so.