View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 09:35 PM   #99
Quicksilver_Sprite
Animated Skeleton

Quicksilver_Sprite has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

As the conversation meandered through the topic of hobbies, Farren felt a tad lost among the hobbits, until books were mentioned. Farren was on friendly terms with books, an imagined comrade to the heroes and next door neighbors, thrust into adventures that would ordinarily be out of the question. The transmutation of simple black ink into palaces of marble and ivory, creatures of unspeakable terror and sweeping vistas of unspeakable beauty was entrancing. "I love to read," said Farren abruptly, feeling that one of her favorite topics did not deserve to linger on the tip of her tongue, unspoken and soon forgotten.

"Really?" said Mira enthusiastically. "What kind of books do you like to read?"

"Anything is fair game, though poetry is a bit beyond me," replyed Farren, chuckling a bit as she remembered trying to get through a volume of particularly dull verse, becoming so bored that she had found herself reading the same line for the third time. "I have to say though that fairy tales are some of my favorites."

Dream a dream / And see through angel's eyes / A place where we can fly away
Ride with me upon a shining star, / Above the moonlit sky / We will find Elysium