View Single Post
Old 09-05-2002, 06:17 PM   #52
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

I've been scratching my head trying to figure out where we all are. Hob and Erling could get to Perry via Imladris (via Great East Road/ Old Forest Road), but I don't especially want to bring Rivendell into this. I had been thinking of going through the Redhorn Pass, farther south, which is the pass the Stoors took on their migrations. That means the Greenway to Tharbad and past Lothlorien (elves again! *gnashes teeth*). I am trying to use Fonstad's Atlas of Middle Earth but most of that is, of course, centuries later. I'm not even sure we should be talking about Bree. Wouldn't Staddle be more accurate?

Anyhow, this is a roundabout way of asking Susan, Elenna and Cimmerian where exactly their characters are, and Child if she wants to hitch up with Hob and Erling or if she has other plans for Perry. Birdie, where is the fatherless hobbit family? (Sorry, I've forgotten and should go back and read your posts.)

I have the feeling that we have several "grey" areas we can fill in here, since there are "forgotten villages".

Bethberry

Edit: okay, got it; near Old Ford.

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]