View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #160
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lily could hardly believe what she was hearing. She had thought there was something behind Willow, and that was it. She was sorry she had asked, as it obviously pained Willow immensely to remember it. Willow finished with the words, "It was death that brought me here, Lily, sadness, and sorrow. I came here to try escape that which I knew happened." It struck Lily to the core. Hastily Willow stood up, asking if Lily would like some more tea.

"Yes, please," Lily murmured. She looked up at Willow, unsure of what to say. Sometimes, she supposed, saying nothing was best, but her dark brown eyes were full of sympathy and sorrow for Willow. Willow turned to get the tea, leaving Lily alone with her thoughts. Hard times had fallen on Lily's family as well, but nothing like what Lily had heard from Willow. Lily had had a dog die once, but that was as close to death as she had ever been. She couldn't imagine what Willow had went through. She decided that unless Willow brought it up, Lily wouldn't mention it. No need to give Willow more grief than she was obviously experiencing.

Lily's thoughts turned to the pitter-patter, pitter-patter of the rain on the roof. She could hear the claps of thunder in the distance, moving ever closer. Lily shuddered again. Oh, how she hated thunder and the memories that came back with it! She wished she could forget that day twelve years ago when her father's shop had burned down because of a lightning strike and all their troubles had started. She could forget about every day of her life - except for when rain fell.

Willow returned with the tea, handing a cup to Lily. Lily accepted gratefully and took a sip of the hot tea. Hot tea can soothe anything, Lily thought. Now if only this accursed rain would stop!