View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Would it be overly ominous to suspect a bot attack? Given the... interesting post out of Ivriniel, it seems at least somewhat plausible.
I recall from years back some spammers cut/pasting from various threads in an attempt to seem legitimate. They usually betrayed themselves by obviously sketchy links in the body of the post, though.
Since that was from an established member, I would think nothing of the sort is likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Though any bot which gets its claws into the Downs is going to be completely wasting its energy.
It's gotten pretty rare here, likely because of the previously discussed safeguards.

On an oddly coincidental note, yesterday I received around two dozen calls with Caller ID spoofing my own number. That's happened once before, but I only got a couple then.