View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 04:56 PM   #2390
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
What's nice about this game is that we'll all have to pay attention and refer to each other with the correct pronouns. I have to say I'm a little tired of people thinking I'm a guy.

Now, about the Cursed:

It's true that what's nice about the Cursed is the unknown quality; but this game is going to be full of unknowns, as we're trying out a fairly disruptive concept. I'm in favor of eliminating the Cursed if only to ensure that we get as pure an experiment with the Lovers as possible (fewer variables). We're all quite comfortable with the ways that the Hunter and Ranger tend to play out, and that's why I'm in favor of using them. It just seems to me that none of the other innovations are helpful enough to the villagers to leave them unprotected by a Ranger, and the Hunter has always carried a double-edged sword at best--when I was the Seer in wwj3 I was taken down by the Hunter very early in the game.

That's actually why I like the Hunter and the Ranger who are also Shirriffs--it helps consolidate the advantages of these two roles, and makes the Hunter a little less of a loose cannon. But I concede that in this game it might be too much to add yet another pair of communicators to the many that we will already have.

Enough about that.

Quote:
Lalaith posted:

PS Is it true that Americans find the word 'fortnight' hilarious?
Yes.

Quote:
Gurthang posted:

Having Lovers is going to be pretty wild.
Just remember to call them the next morning, won't you?