View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #13
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Thumbs up

I am in: Corsairs and Corsets and Hunt for the Dragon, but the last one mentioned is ending today.. Those are my first two.

I haven't posted in The Green Dragon nor the White Horse Inn..

Name: Liol

Race: Shield maiden of Rohan

Weapons: Liol didn't use to carry weapons a child. But soon she learned that a weapon might come in need. Her father bought her a sword. It's long and thin. The blade is silver and it's very sharp. Liol aslo consideres her horse Lannra, as a weapon, because it's willing to take her anywhere she might ask.

Appearence: Liol is not very pretty. She has brown eyes, her face is small and very thin. And when that big hair of hers grows even bigger, she looks like a mouse. Her body is thin and slender. She is not very tall either. People can therefore, misgudge her and think she is the worst warrior ever, that she will show you, is not true.

Personality/Strenghts/Weaknesses: Liol has a very strong will. She is not letting any obstacles make her turn away, when she has started something she consideres as important. Quick thinking and loyal are also two words you can use to describe her. She is very bad tempered and her tounge is as sharp as any blade. Her greatest strenght is though, her sword skills. And the fact, that people misgudge her is helping a lot. (The enemy not knowing how good sheis.) Liol's greatest weakness is perhaps her social life. She is not a very outgoing person. She doesn't like to have conversations with others, than her family. Only family members are her friends and only them will reach in to her mind.

History: Liol has no a lot of history, since she is only in her early 30's.
Liol grew up in Rohan, and she loves it there. As a warrior for Rohan she has been taking part in many perilious adventures. In The War of The Ring she missed out. She was sick, and everyone thought she would die. Yet again, was it her strong will who saved her.

Novnarwen's post

"What? Is it true?" Liol's voice was both alarming and desperate. She just couldn't believe it. The lady stood talking to herself. A note had just been left at her residence by her cousin Brytta. How can it be? she thought. In the little note, Brytta had left for her, was about Brytta's brother. "You have to come, we are saving him from the prison," she read out quite loud. She felt the rage inside her grow, and Liol discovered that she was growing quite red. She looked at the note, and knew exactly what to do. She had to go, follow Brytta and save Heldór. This situation was caused by a false accusation and Liol felt she had to get a grip on this whole thing. Liol wasn't going to sleep properly before she had her cousins safe and sound, not in a prison, just anywhere else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About thirty minutes later she was on her horse, riding very fast. "How could this possably happen?" Liol couldn't think about that now, anyhow. She had better not wasting time on finding an answer now, she had to wait, until she met Brytta Liol concluded and rode on.
Brytta had sent word for her, she had to wait and see, and then they both could figure out what to do, that was all she knew for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The White Horse was seated right by the road, taking every traveller in, as it was a good Inn for resting. Liol jumped off her horse, and walked for the door. Inside it was quite dark. Only a few lamps in the roof, which gave a little idea where the tables, chairs and the fireplace was. Liol stepped forwards and met an old man standing behind the desk.

"I am looking for Brytta," she said in a low voice. Liol wasn't comfortable talking with strangers. An old man was the last on her 'want-to-talk-too' list. He looked at her, and laughed.

"What is a young lady, like yourself, here, at an Inn?"

How dared he, of all, say she wasn't welcome here? I have got to punch that man, she thought with herself. The old man stirred at her, actually expecting an answer, Liol thought. For a few moments she just stood there glaring at him. Are all Inn keepers like that, she thought. Liol remembered back, when she had visited another Inn, and she was actually kicked out. Liol shuddered. Well I am not going to be kicked out tis time, she thought by herself. I am a decent woman. Liol searched for an answer, while the Inn-keeper grew more and more imaptient.

"I want to talk to Brytta, not you," she said in kind of a harsh voice. The Inn-keeper didn't believe his ears, but could nothing else then to point at a table in the eastern corner. "There," he mutterd. She nodded and turned on her heels. The Inn-keepee gazed at her while walking to the pointed table with his mouth pen.

"Brytta," she cried at the man, sitting quite uneasy on a chair. He jumped up and greeted her.

"I got your note," Liol said, and the man gave a nod.

Hope this is okey...

*Nova*

EDIT:I didn't see the one about PMing the first post to H-man.... What shall I do??

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]