View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #142
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
"Thank you for the song, Hookbill!" 'H' called out, applauding. "And thanks to all you wonderful musicians who have made this party special with your contributions. Those of you who were here yesterday heard LMP and others creating comical limericks and reciting them to us. Newcomers who'd like to carry on are welcome to continue rhyming, but I have a new competition for those who prefer prose discussions to poetry. Here it is:"

Clearing her throat for additional drama and suspense, she climbed onto a chair and announced, "It's time for the Barrow-Downs Crackpot Theory Contest! Yes, you heard right - do you have a crazy idea about Middle-Earth that you can't quite prove? Tell us about it, and we'll debate the pros and cons of it. Here's mine to start things off - you know, The Barrow-Wight always tells us to give examples when we post an idea.

"I postulate that Tom Bombadil has wings. How could he have come to the rescue of the hobbits in the barrow so quickly if he hadn't?!"

She climbed off her soapbox -- I mean chair, of course! - and waited with interest to see if anyone would take the bait. Perhaps Michael/Formendacil? Or the phantom? This could be fun!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'