View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 02:50 PM   #149
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
"Ah, but what we are all forgetting, but what just came to my mind, is that Tom Bombadil cannot possibly have wings, because this mystery of his identity has been long since solved. How foolish of me to forget, but now, that is how it goes after a long day following little sleep and the dreading of needles and my final concert tomorrow..."

Taking a deep breath, Fea found that she was unable to continue. The phantom passed her a tall glass of lemonade (as there is, of course, nothing better for quenching thrist) and looked at her expectantly to continue. She obliged, standing before the gathered audience.

"You see... Tom Bombadil is the Witch King. Why else would he have felt so close to the 'Downs? Why else would he look sadly upon the ruins of old? Because it was his own fault! And don't you dare disagree, because you can't deny the most irrefutable proof of all: there is no place in the entire trilogy, nor any other tale, where Tom Bombadil and the Witch King appear at the same time! If they were separate entities, surely they could be witnessed together. And don't forget that Goldberry herself told the hobbits not to fear... why would there be need to fear the wraiths? Tom was their leader! His minions would no more come to his own home than an orc would walk up to the gates of Barad-dur!"