View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #436
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Interesting ideas... Alas, but I'm not seemingly able to add anything at the moment, possibly due to this being the first day of classes, and I'm brain-dead as a result...

Anyway, I certainly agree that there is too much deadwood on this RPG, and a serious pruning needs to take place--drastic as some deaths might be, they would probably help the plot a lot.

That being said, my character is probably the least-affected by the changes, unless Amroth DOES somehow transfer, which is a very interesting proposition, and one that both intrigues me and scares me, as a writer. That being said, I'd think the story BETTER if we could ideally preserve Mellondu, but only if he can remain an essential character. If he becomes baggage for the company, or a mere shell for a once-removed Amroth, then he might serve no good purpose to remain, and might be better killed--and would possibly provide a nice artistic contrast to Mellonin, who drops out of the story into a happy, quiet life.

Just some random musings on one of LMP's tangents, really...

At the moment, I'm sort of in the state of mind that it makes the most sense to have some postage about Tharonwë and Indil as they move on before bringing Bergil in after them, so I'm not so much procrastinating about posting, as procrastinating with a reason.