View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #986
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
I fear that, now that he has become such a good little Hobbit, Soregum - er - Windsor has lost what comedy potential he ever had ...
Now that would entirely depend on the situation into which he is placed. After all, comedy makes good use of straight men. I can already see him struggling with the biggest challenge of his life...

Quote:
An alternative occurred to me if you are thinking of a second sequel. There are many excellent writers on the Downs, and a number have shown themselves to be very proficient at comedy writing. Perhaps the story might be continued with "fresh blood", as it were. And you might even be able to persuade some of us "oldies" to put in the occasional cameo.
I don't think I have the energy to coerce, convince, and connive for a whole team of authors again, however much potential they might have. It has taken considerable willpower and persuasive attempts just to finish off this story!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'