View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #158
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Ravion broke his silence. "Surely it is too cold for her, elf though she be. Surely she will take chill. Mellondu, wait. Listen! Mellondu! Oh, Mellonin, speak to him. Stop this madness. Mellonin-- Avarien, speak to the king. He will heed you!"

Mellonin swayed. Ravion caught her, and all her weight was in his arms. "Mellonin? Avarien! Avarien, where are you?"

Farewell, good friend Ravion. My duty is done. I wish you great joy.

"Wait! Avarien, wait! You must speak to the king!"

And how would I command my king? Nay, Ravion. Fare well, wherever you fare; and I deem you shall. Farewell, good friend. I go to find the sea.

"Avarien, wait! Avarien!"

Mellonin trembled and convulsed as the elvish life slipped away from her. Bereft of Avarien's hope and strength, Mellonin gave a cry, and then another, and then a wracking scream. Her eyes opened wide with terror and she convulsed again, and again. Her fever soared.

"Mellonin!" he cried. She did not answer.

Ravion carried her to the waters' edge, lay her upon the bank, wetted part of his cloak and washed her brow, her face, her neck, her hands. Terrified he pleaded silently with her as he had with Avarien, crying from the depths of his heart.

Mellonin, Mellonin, wait. Wait. Stay with me. Wait for me. Listen to me.

It seemed to him in the depths of his heart, she answered.

Ravion.

Last edited by mark12_30; 04-06-2008 at 04:15 PM.