View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 07:55 AM   #43
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
I think we've got enough to go on now so that we can start putting "first posts" together.

Mellon/Amroth is walking northward as Ędegard, Aylwen, and Talan (if he stays in the picture) look on. (He will break into a run soon and start making some distance, neccessitating pursuit on horseback if anyone hopes to catch him. Depending on how the Rohan team plays it, you could be tracking him for a while! However, since he is not a real elf, but an elf-mind linked via osanwe with a man, Mellon's body will weaken faster than Amroth expects.)

Somehow Word must reach Ravion that a crazy young blacksmith is running northward.

Mellonin and Raefindan will get motivated when Ravion arrives at the Inn.

FYI: I'm realizing that Mellon/Amroth is a bit of an enigma. Mellon/ Amroth was originally intended to be dream-time-travel, and there has been plenty of that (while Mellon was alseep in the Inn), but in addition, Amroth (in the halls of Mandos) is actively using Osanwe during Mellon's waking hours, and Mellon's personality is almost completely overpowered by Amroth's fiery spirit. That's why he keeps acting like an elf (including Osanwe, etc) yet finding that "his" body has strange limitations. Why Amroth considers the body to be his own, I'm a little fuzzy on; I think it has to do with the fact that Mellon was completely immersed in dreams, and took on Amroth's identity anyway. So in that sense, he's not fighting back, and has lost himself under Amroth.

I think I owe this idea in part to Child of the Seveth Age (Sharon/ Cami) who had discussed the loss-of-identity idea with me in regards to both Sindo (In The Fairy Wife) and Frodo in Valinor.

Last edited by mark12_30; 03-05-2004 at 07:58 AM.