View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004, 07:29 PM   #277
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
*watching the door ladder with baited breath*

(Must be Nethwador talking, Amroth's asleep.)

Orual, does Erundil have any plans, or do you have plans for him?

Meanwhile, what's up in Anorien? Shall Ravion's Anorien team press hard to arrive (and get through) the Entwash?

I'm guessing that Ravion pushes the group pretty hard, and shoots for 25 miles/day.

Ravion's group left Minas Tirith the evening of the 16th; it's now late on the 18th. So let's call it 2.5 days of travel at 25 miles / day. (At that rate the rookies should all be footsore and griping!! ) that puts us (by my guesstimate) basically a day away from the Entwash (make the Entwash late at night Dec 19th) I'm guessing that Ravion would know a path that waves a bit but would get the group through the Delta fairly quickly. It's too cold to swim, so they'll be looking for shallow fords and I would imagine weaving a bit. Maybe the Entwash delta would take them three days to navigate? So 20, 21, evening of the 22 they clear the Entwash.

From there it's a day to Sarn Gebir. I should think we'd go west of Rauros (not taking the stair) unless Gond can climb a huge stair like that? A small one, yes, but that's a big long stair...

comments?