Thread: Oscars
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2002, 05:16 AM   #16
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

Yeah, I guess I can't be all judgmental until I've seen the rest of the nominee movies. Though *so far* I do feel that nothing can compare to it. Though, I did just watch Resident Evil and it could actually rival FOTR for special effects, if it was released in time for the oscars that is. Was it released in time?? *shrugs* i don't know. but I loved that movie too. Just made me want to pick up the game again. Which I did! And LOTR? Made me want to read the book again! In my opinion, if a movie makes you want TO DO something, it's a damn good movie. Like the Matrix, sure it's all actiony and all, but did anyone notice the parallelism between it and the bible? I just went right to the Good Book and read a few pages after I watched that movie. Same with LOTR. Also made me want to become an archer, and live in the woods so I can become so agile that I can balance on chains and shoot trolls. ^.^ Or at least learn how to hold a sword! All the actors did so well and committed themselves wholly to the making of these masterpieces!
Thinhyandoiel is offline   Reply With Quote