Thread: Oscars
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2002, 01:45 AM   #39
Amarinth
Wight

Amarinth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

indeed, it couldn't be less than expected that 'a beautiful mind' would win over lotr:tfotr; the academy normally picks human interest stories over other genres. i thought they would make an exception with lotr, though, considering ALL its weight vs. abm. i mean, abm is a good movie, but it's not that outstanding. another thing, abm's direction is not exceptional; in fact, except for the scene where the nash theory of equilibrium was visualized using the standing babes, i'd say ron howard's work was somewhat regular. peter jackson by far made an outstanding directorial work, what with all the fantastic shots, the seamless transition from the various sub-plots of the story, the visualization of every scene and most importantly, how salient, important and memorable each and every character in that populous plot was made. that's awesome work only a movie vala could do!<P>i agree that the oscars sort of compromised on some of its awards, by allowing some sentimental wins -- denzel for one, and that song! i mean i loved monster's inc., but please! at any rate, we won four awards, and by eru they are all technical awards, they at least couldn't deny that!<P>let's all hope that by rotk, the ampas has overcome it's bias against fantasy films and finally recognize peter jackson's work for what it's truly worth.<P>---------------------------------------------<BR><I>every man's life is a path to the truth -- hesse</I>