View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 10:02 AM   #19
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just on the whole confusing the audience thing, on another board where a number of the posters haven't read the books, we are getting threads like: what's this deal with Saruman being cut? I thought he was dead. I really don't think this will cause confusion for the non-book audience.<P>As for the scene being cut, I have mixed feelings. Like everyone, I was really looking forward to Christopher Lee doing the Voice of Saruman. This was the time for the audience to really see the workings of this guys mind. At the same time I knew they would be rushed with this. Then I'm hearing rumours of Legolas shooting an arrow past a laughing Wormtongue, the arrow arching in the air and coming down through the back of Wormy's skull. This didn't exactly fill me with anticipation.<P>I know multiple deaths were shot for these characters (likely in anticipation of the problems this scene was going to create). The good side of this is that without the same pacing presures on the DVD, we are far more likely to get a satisfying scene out of this in the end. I would rather wait a year for it to be done right than to see a hack job squeezed into the film just so Jackson feels he's getting that base covered.<P>H.C.