View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #40
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
So straw poll...does Tauriel look more like Peter Pan, Robin Hood or....?
She looks like Brave's Merida and Katniss Everdeen had a Vulcan baby.

Quote:
My concluding thought: Either have a character who will leave the reader/viewer with a strong impression - a deep character, of any gender - or don't disgrace yourself with a shallow desperate fighter character of any gender.
I agree. The Hobbit has a lot of dwarves to keep track of as it is. And from watching the first movie none of them really left an impression. Some of the acting was excellent, but mostly everything was just meh. I doubt see Tauriel bringing much to the game aside from being a red haired female Legolas, but I'll decide upon watching the movie.

I've seen a lot of female characters thrown into books, video games, and films/TV just to have one because one was previously lacking. They tend to be cold, skilled fighters, and just in need of a hug. If this elf-lady addition falls into that and serves the purpose of just being female then she's better left out.