View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 07:22 AM   #62
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

Fire-Galad, I don't.
I can't explain it, because it is one of the unexplained (unexplainable?) things that happen in life. But I wasn't speaking of dreams like yours in my previous post. I was referring to dreams that are too self-explanatory and seem to grant our every wishes. they are too similar to daydreams in that respect and serve the same function: escapism from a bleak reality.

I think I'll tell you about a dream of mine. I was in a city made of stone, an ancient city that reminded me of Ancient Greece (it actually was the Ancient Greece of mythology). I was there because I knew I had to awaken a dead queen, that was actually a goddess and who was to be resurrected everytime the city was in need. And the city was in need at that time. So the goddess needed to be re-awakened from her tomb to lead her people to war. I can remember very clearly the stone walls of her tomb, they looked more life-like to me than the monitor in front of my eyes right now. When I woke up I remembered the dream vividly. And more than that, I could instantly grasp its meaning: I was the dead queen, and the city, and the stone tomb and the people in need, they were all me. At the time I had that dream i was in the middle of a very nasty exam period, I had exams literally every other day, and I reasonably felt I wasn't going to make it, both psysically and mentally. I even said something like 'I need superhuman strenghts to make it'. And the dream metaphorically revealed just that. I needed to awaken the goddess in me to make it. And I think I succeded because I did fairly well at the exams. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What I'm trying to say - before this proves irrelevant to the topic, is that dreams aren't to be taken literally, they are metaphorical in nature, symbols not concrete realities.