View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 02:43 PM   #18
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
But I think my all-time favourite minor character has to be the old man who sat on the threshold of the Paths of the Dead and died after telling Brego and Baldor "The way is shut." That passage always gives me shivers.
Hoho! That's a hard one to beat. Really great passage!

The thing about minor characters in the legendarium is that unless there's one that REALLY fascinates you for some reason, there are too many, even among favourite ones, to even properly recollect all of them. Between three-and-a-bit Ages and many countries, there are just too many to choose from. Personally, I can't say I have a favourite, but there are some whose passages I enjoy reading. Gilraen is one such. Also, Aerin from COH. From the men, I liked the messengers - Ceorl and Ohtar among others.

By the way, I don't think I've said a proper hello yet. Welcome to the Downs, Marhwini!