View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 11:35 PM   #25
Maédhros
The Kinslayer

Maédhros has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Maédhros
Sting

Quote:
will concede maedhros' point [from the other Vanyar thread?] that the Noldor 'tied Morgoth up' for what 500 years or so. But at what cost, and what level of success?
How about Middle-earth? Let's say that the Ñoldor don't rebel and they go along the Valar to capture Morgoth. Do you think that Morgoth at that time, when he had not spent his power over 500 years, that in such a battle only Beleriand would have been destroyed? I would estimate that in such a battle, the damage done to Middle-earth would have been far more terrible than that of the destruction of Beleriand.
Quote:
Maedhros earlier tried to defend the 2nd and 3rd kinslayings by saying 'we warned you', well how about offering something for the return of the Silmarill, since they did didly to get it back, excepting Celegorm and Curufin who actively hindered the quest!
Well, didn't they offered not to kill them? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
Yes they had sworn an evil and foolish oath, but 'less evil would they have done in the breaking'.
Maedhros gave his word, and he had to kept it to the very end. He was an elf of honor.
Quote:
Now remember, I don't think the Noldor were perfect, but I am tired of seeing everybody bash them.
Ñoldor tried the impossible, they failed but at least they tried.