View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
Herald of Mandos
Newly Deceased

Herald of Mandos has just left Hobbiton.
1420! New Middle Earth Films Announced!!!

Has anyone else seen this??? What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access Hollywood
In a surprise press conference today, Peter Jackson announced his return to Middle-earth, at the helm of a series of "Middle-earth Anthology" films.

"After helping to bring Tolkien's true vision to life with the "Hobbit" trilogy," says the director, "I frankly felt burnt out with Middle-earth. It had taken so much of my life- and there just didn't seem to be any more of Tolkien's writings to draw on, even in the Appendices.

But then, you know, when you think about it, there are still so many unanswered questions. How did Aragorn meet Arwen? What really happened to Frodo's parents? What does Elrond do in his spare time? How did Thranduil get those scars? What adventures did Legolas and Young Aragorn get up to? Where does pipeweed come from? Who is Tom Bombadil?"

Jackson chuckled at the suggestion that he was operating under heavy studio pressure to compete with the Disney-owned "Star Wars" films.

"That's ridiculous. These are stories that need to be told- stories that Tolkien would have wanted us to tell. We owe it to him, really. We're certainly not trying to copy any other franchise- I don't know why you would think that."

"Ranger One: A Middle-earth Story" is set to hit the big screen in December.

Last edited by Herald of Mandos; 04-01-2017 at 09:24 PM. Reason: fixed quotes
Herald of Mandos is offline   Reply With Quote