View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 08:01 PM   #664
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Pipe

I tried to post this yesterday but my internet service was uncooperative.

The way I see it, the humans are all pretty demoralized after the loss of Gwyllion and the wounds to all who received them, not to mention the loss of Raefindan to Tharonwe's schemes. In such a state, I can't think of anyone to get in an argument with Erebemlin that might otherwise in a more rested and brighter frame of mind.

The merlocks will be quite busy feeding on their own. They are not stupid. They saw how easily they were picked off by the group of humans and Elves and do not relish another attack when there is more than enough to eat. The strongest motivation that they have at this point, after sating their lust for biped flesh, is revenge against Tharonwe for betraying them into the slaughter they have experienced.

That's my take, at any rate, so go with Erebemlin leading the group out of the swamp.

Tharonwe and Raefindan are, and will be, farther out of the swamp than the group. Maybe one of the Rangers will pick up their trail, if they happen across it (something that Tharonwe has considered, and is therefore pushing ahead quickly, since he's sure that Amroth is still heading toward Nimrodel).

Which means, come to think of it, that Tharonwe is more or less leading the group to Nimrodel. Whether they would think of that or not is in doubt. Whether Tharonwe would think of this and stop, has yet to be determined. Any thoughts?