View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 11:36 AM   #421
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Ok, the final aim of this is to have Roggie and Mardil agree a treaty so that inhabitants of Mordor aren't escaping into Gondor and that no anakronisms are leaking out, yes?
Exactly. And quite honestly, you really don't have to worry about that, because if it comes down to it, we can spend the entire game accomplishing nothing but self-made adventures and have it end with Mardil and Roggie getting bored, sitting down together, and working out a treaty without any of their negotiators involved. I actually like this plan a lot, to be honest.

Quote:
do we all actually want it to work?
Probably not. Where's the fun of actually getting things done? You're politicians, loves. Everybody knows that they never accomplish anything important.

Quote:
The problem I'm having is that we could have this finished in a week, I can't work out where the drama is.
What I want you guys to do is work together to create the drama. There is unlimited potential for it. If you guys want, you can totally ignore Alli and go off and do things that have nothing whatsoever to do with the instructions that she gives them. As long as you work together and weave a plausible story out of your plans. Hyarmenwe having a daughter somewhere in Mordor? He could go on a quest to find her. Heck, have him bring Maika along on the quest. Smilog and Tollin can be bodyguards. Skittles could take advantage of her warlordessness and wage a fully fledged war on slugs that the entire country gets involved in. Aime and Malfoidacil are caught up in their own subplots that you can weasel out of them and take part in. See what I mean? Take advantage of the possibilities, just work together to do it.

This isn't my game, it's our game. Yes, I have say in how it ends and there are a few things that I hold sacred (the blue wizards shouldn't be messed with is pretty much the only one), but you guys are writing it more than I am.

The middle of the game, between "We need a treaty" and "Holy cow, we actually have one!" is fluid, created so that you guys get to write the story how you want it. If I wanted the story the way I wanted it, I'd have written a novel by myself.