View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 02:44 AM   #82
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I say!

It was once again a wonderful experience of reading, I have been present only for the latter part when we were reading the Voice of Saruman (myself taking the part of Gimli and Merry). A few highlights: Saruwife (as opposed to Saruman) is somebody to whose Voice you could really listen for hours, and we had also a very cool Gwandalf. But also Théoddwen was rather good and Lommy's Éomer too, sort of young and brash. Aganzir Wormtongue should perhaps have had more lines (but she was a good Pippin too). Our poor narrator Kath, unfortunately, could not, after the reading, speak to us anymore because of exhausting her voice.

We had also brilliant sound effects, especially as we were getting closer to the end, with Saruman's staff breaking and then Palantír falling on the stairs, the stair cracking, the Palantír rolling on and at last falling down from there, the atmosphere was getting dense!

Later then, we still spent some time chatting as people were one by one leaving to their beds, eventually leaving me, Eönwë (who was present in the first reading, I understand, but not present when I came, and he later came back), Oddwen and Pitchwife. We ended up discussing deep philosophical things and linguistics... all related to Fungoltch and Shcmurt... in my case, it was around 4 AM when we called it over. But it was a very deep and enlightening debate. (as you can surely imagine )

But that said... this only confirmed the decision that we should continue doing this regularly. So, same time next month?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote