View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #12
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bęthberry

I haven't checked out the Notion Club Papers yet, but looky what a google produced about Mayans. Their calendar is called the Tzolkin, meaning count of days .

And, and, a search on dictionary.com for further elucidation of the word Tzolkin gives this:

I don't know if there are any harmonic convergences with the Shire Reckoning or the King's Reckoning or the Quenya yén though.
That is indeed slightly sinister. And what about the Maya/Maiar linguistic similarity?

I wonder if the fate of Numenor may be brought to pass? What with Tolkien's dreams about the giant wave engulfing the land and the 2012/Notion Club Papers/Numenorean link? Apparently there is a big slice of Gran Canaria just waiting for a moment to slide off into the Atlantic...

If i continue finding strange coincidences like this I shall have to dig out my old "Y2K Survival Manual" - bought for 49p in January 2000, and a most entertaining read.